December 14, 2023
Summer is an open invitation for children to find big adventures, new passions, and, of course, a camp they love. We’re committed to being that camp for children and families across Denver. To ensure that we are, we’ve taken your feedback and designed summer camp 2024 so that we get back to what makes summer camp so special: good, memory-making fun.
Read on to learn what we’ve got scheduled and how and when to sign your children – and teens! - up for a summer of fun.
Find Your Fun at Camp
The 2024 program is simple, giving you multiple ways to help your child find their fun. Depending on the camp you choose, they can play all day, explore new skills or learn what it means to be a leader.
Perfect for kids aged 5-12, our 2024 day camps will get back to the basics: tons of fun and an exciting weekly field trip. Your children can come to camp and spend their days playing outside; learning new skills in arts and crafts; and building a community that can grow with them. Without weekly scheduled themes, we can welcome children as they are to find fun in all its forms.
Kids come to Specialty Camps to find their own path to fun. Part learning and part play, these camps help your children explore their passions and connect with other children who share them. Ages vary from 7 to 14, check the specifics when you register.
This summer’s specialty camps include:
- Adventure Camp is for adventure! Campers ages 10-14 explore the adventures of Colorado while gaining valuable knowledge and confidence. This camp is built with adventure in mind, so your child must be ready to engage in fun and challenge-seeking adventures. Camp activities may include white water rafting, high ropes courses, mountain biking and more.
- Art Camp is a week of artistic exploration, where imagination is sparked, and creative skills are sharpened. Our art specialists teach new techniques and encourage tactical experimentation with a wide range of art materials. Campers are grouped with peers of the same grade.
- Culinary Camp is a week of culinary exploration. YMCA nutrition and cooking specialists are nurturing a deeper understanding of nutrition, kitchen skills and discovery of tasty cuisine among these campers. Campers are grouped with peers of the same grade.
- Esports Camp highlights player development, game tactics, survival skills, strategy and more! Led by our esports coach, camps focus on a particular game, honing specialized skills applicable to each game. Games include Fortnite, League of Legends, Mario Cart Mechanics and Minecraft.
- Sports Camp is an action-packed day camp that focuses on promoting physical activity, sportsmanship and skill development. Campers will have the opportunity to build fundamentals, foster a love for soccer or basketball, competition and fun.
- STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Camp is a week of scientific adventure, where kids engage in scientific discoveries and fun challenges! Our team of STEM specialists guide your child on their journey, helping to uncover aspects of science, technology, engineering and math disciplines. Campers are grouped with peers of the same grade.
Leaders in Training
After years of camp, many youth are ready to go from camper to leader. For teens, this three-day a week camp prepares teens to be camp counselors and leaders in their own communities. They are assisting in a variety of roles such as learning to plan and to lead activities like swim, sports, nutrition and more. And, they cap off their week with a fun field trip!
Denver YMCA Summer Camp Locations
Camp will be offered at our 6 YMCA locations and select sites throughout Arvada, Aurora, Centennial, Denver, Glendale, Littleton and more. See a map of locations.
- Achieve Elementary
- Arvada YMCA
- Aurora YMCA
- Bryant Webster Dual Language School
- Center of Generations at The Streets of Southglenn
- Community College of Aurora
- Christ the King
- Clayton Learning Center
- Doral Academy
- Downtown Denver YMCA
- East Community Center
- Elkhart Elementary
- Excel Academy
- Glendale YMCA
- Morey Middle School
- Littleton YMCA
- Palmer Elementary
- Reunion Rec Center
- Shelton Elementary
- Shepherd of the Hills
- Southwest YMCA
- Trailside Elementary
- University Hills YMCA
- Yale Elementary
There may be additional camp sites added as we confirm the location. On 1/12/2024, DPS informed the YMCA that Park Hill Elementary may be under construction during the summer, preventing this location as a YMCA camp site. Please consider registering at nearby Clayton Early Learning or Palmer Elementary for an amazing camp experience for your child!
How to Sign up for a Summer of Fun
Summer may be six months away, but summer camp registration is about to begin. Here’s the schedule:
- January 17, 2024: registration opens for YMCA members and Staff
- January 19, 2024: registration for current OST participants and 2023 summer camp participants
- February 5, 2024: registration opens to the general public
Mark your calendar and be sure to Register here when registration opens.
Camp Schedule, Fees and Payment
Based on feedback from families, we will expand camp program hours as follows:
- Day camp will run from 8 AM to 5:30 PM
- Specialty camp will run from 8 AM to 4 PM
- At select locations, families will have the option to “add on” before and after camp care – offered at an additional cost and only at select locations
- Before camp care hours will run from 6:30 AM to 8 AM
- After camp care hours will run from 4 to 5:30 PM
Program fees vary depending on the camp you register for. In general, the member price ranges from $230 to $450 per week for day camps and Specialty Camps and $100 per week for Leaders in Training.
For participants who are not members of the YMCA of Metro Denver, the price ranges from $280 to $500 for day camp and specialty camps and $130 per week for Leaders in Training.
Sign up for just one week or all — how your children find fun this summer is up to you!
Full payment is due by May 15, but how you pay depends on when you register. You can pay the full amount at any time, or pay in installments due on the 15th of every month. If you:
- Register between January 17 and February 14: Pay 20% of the camp fee upfront. Pay four more installments of 20% of the total fee due February 15, March 15, April 15 and May 15.
- Register between February 15 and March 14: Pay 40% of the camp fee upfront. Pay three more installments of 20% of the total fee due March 15, April 15 and May 15.
- Register between March 15 and April 14 : Pay 60% of the camp fee upfront. Pay two more installments of 20% of the total fee due April 15 and May 15.
- Register between April 15 and May 15: Pay 80% of the camp fee upfront. Pay one more installment of 20% of the total fee due May 15.
- Register after May 15: Pay 100% of the camp fee at this time.
If you decide to pay an installment early, notify us so that your payment can be applied correctly.
As of February 2024, the YMCA will pass on surcharges for accounts that are drafting from credit/debit cards. We encourage you to set up an ACH/bank account for your billing method in your YMCA Account.
If full payment is not received by the due date, you risk losing your spot in camp and may not receive a refund.
Summer Camp Scholarships
At the YMCA, we believe every child deserves to find their fun. While we no longer offer 100% scholarships, we’re committed to helping more Denver families access day camps that can help their children thrive.
Our scholarship application program for summer camp will open Monday, December 18, 2023, so visit our Financial Assistance page to apply. The deadline to submit a scholarship application to be considered for Summer Camp 2024 is Wednesday, January 10, 2024.
Refunds & Cancellations
We understand that plans change. Check the YMCA Code of Conduct to read our updated Cancellation and Refund Policy if your child can no longer make it to camp.
Let’s Find Your Fun
This summer, we want kids to be kids. While our day camps keep your children safe while you’re at work, they’re also a place that nurtures your child so that they feel supported, connected to their peers and a sense of belonging. At the Y, your child won’t just find their fun; they’ll learn new things, engage with the world around them and build a community they can count on even after camp comes to a close.
Learn more about Summer Camp 2024.