Arroz con Pollo:
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 40 Minutes | Total Time: 1 Hour 5 Minutes
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe | Total Servings: 8
For the rice:
- 1 cup long grain rice rinsed
- 1 ¾ cups water
- ¾ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
For the chicken:
- 1 chicken breast split in half
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 onion small, diced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp recaito
- ¼ cup peas
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp oregano
Prepare the rice:
Rinse the rice in a strainer until the water runs mostly clear. In a sauce pan on medium heat place ¾ Tbsp. of olive oil and rice and stir until hot.
Add the water and salt. Bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium, cover. Cook for about 20 minutes. Remove cover and fluff. Leave uncovered until ready to use.
Prepare the chicken:
While the rice is cooking: In a small dish, mix together salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder. Sprinkle over split chicken breast. Allow chicken to absorb the seasonings for about 1 hour.
In a skillet on medium heat add the canola oil once hot sauté the chicken until brown on both sides. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes on low.
Once the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F remove from the skillet and allow to rest for about 10 minutes on a cutting board. Once cooled slightly dice into ½ inch cubes.
In the same skillet the chicken was cooked in, turn the heat to medium, place 1 Tbsp. olive oil, diced carrots, garlic, recaito and onion. Cook until onions are translucent.
Add the diced chicken and toss until well blended. Cover and cook on low until the carrots are soft.
Add the rice and blend thoroughly. Add the peas right before serving.
Spinach and Mozzarella Egg Bake:
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 1 Square | Total Servings: 6
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced onions
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease an 8 1/2 inch by 12 inch glass casserole dish with olive oil or nonstick spray.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the spinach, and stir just until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer spinach to the casserole dish, spreading it around so all the bottom of the dish is covered.
- Layer the grated cheese and sliced onions on top of the spinach.
- Beat the eggs with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the spinach/cheese combination, and then use a fork to gently "stir" so the eggs, spinach, and cheese are evenly combined.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until the mixture is completely set and starting to lightly brown. Let cool about 5 minutes before cutting.
- The egg bake will settle down some as it cools. Serve hot.
Spaghetti and Homemade Meatballs:
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 50 minutes | Total Time: 1.5 hours
Serving Size: 2 Meatballs | Total Servings: 4 - 6 people
- Uncooked spaghetti noodles
- 24 ounces pasta sauce
- Homemade meatballs (see recipe below)
- 10 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Crush saltines into fine pieces.
- Mix the crushed saltines with milk and set aside for five minutes to allow milk to soften the crackers.
- Add the soaked crackers in a large bowl with ground beef, cheese and seasonings, mixing very well. Divide meatball mixture into about 10-15 meatballs, according to the size you prefer.
- Add sauce to a saucepan over medium heat: stir. Add uncooked meatballs and bring to a gentle boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until meatballs are cooked through.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; strain and keep in strainer.
- When meatballs are cooked, remove with a slotted spoon onto a plate: cover and set aside. Add spaghetti, blending sauce and pasta until coated completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 30 - 35 minutes | Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serving Size: 2 Tortillas | Total Servings: 4
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 2 Bell Peppers (various colors)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil / Vegetable Oil
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Avocado (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix all of the spices for the fajita seasoning in a small bowl and set aside (chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and salt).
Cut the onion and bell peppers into 1/4-inch wide strips. Place them in a large 13x15-inch casserole dish or a large baking sheet.
Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables, then sprinkle the fajita seasoning mix over top. Use your hands to toss the ingredients until everything is well coated in oil and seasoning. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, stirring once half way through. Squeeze the juice from half of the lime over top of the vegetables after they come out of the oven.
While the fajita mix bakes, toast each tortilla in a dry skillet over medium-low heat, until lightly browned on each side. Scoop a small amount of vegetables into the center of each tortilla. Top with a few sprigs of cilantro, a dollop of sour cream, and an extra squeeze of lime if desired.
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie:
Prep Time: 5 Minutes | Total Time: 5 Minutes
Serving Size: 1 Cup | Total Servings: 4
- 2 bananas
- 2 cups milk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 Tbsp honey (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth (30 seconds - 1 minute).
- Serve and Enjoy.
Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup:
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 6 - 8 Hours | Total Time: 6 Hours 10 Minutes
Serving Size: 2 cups | Total Servings: 6
- 2 cans chicken breast, drained
- 64 oz chicken broth (or chicken stock)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- In a crock pot, combine the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, carrots, celery, onion, chicken, parsley, chicken bouillon cube, and pepper. Stir together and cover with lid.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Add egg noodles and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Add salt to taste. Serve and Enjoy
** If cooking over stove-top, use a large pot with a lid, cook over medium-high heat until boiling, then reduce to medium-low heat, and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes before adding the egg noodles. Cook for 15 minutes after adding egg noodles or until tender.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
Serving Size: 1 Omelette | Total Servings: 1
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 2 eggs (or 4 egg whites)
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp water or milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter in a pan over medium heat. Add onions and saute until clear. Add bell peppers and tomato, cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Crack eggs in a mixing bowl and whisk until eggs are light yellow in color. Add water, salt, and pepper to eggs. Pour oil into medium pan over medium-low heat. Add eggs to pan, do not stir.
- Using a spatula, gently lift the edge of the eggs up, allowing the uncooked eggs to drain to pan. Continue to lift edges until there are no uncooked eggs left.
- Gently flip the omelet over and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Put filling on omelet and fold the omelet over. Ccook until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy.