Reach & Rise™ is a national YMCA program designed to build a better future for youth by helping them reach their full potential through the support of caring adults.
Reach & Rise supports youth ages 6 to 17 who lack quality role models and who are in communities challenged by poverty, crime, and single-parent households, among other social issues. Mentors provide a positive and consistent relationship with a young person, helping to improve the mentee’s self-esteem, decision-making skills, school performance, and interpersonal relationships.
BUILD TOGETHER GROW TOGETHER
Volunteer mentors are matched with a young person for one year to provide one-to-one mentoring services and create safe, healthy and meaningful relationships with youth. You and your mentee may participate in service projects or other engaging activities.
As a mentor, you will gain personal satisfaction from making a difference in a young person’s life. You’ll also have the opportunity to connect with youth from different cultures and backgrounds. Together, you can share diverse experiences, develop a stronger sense of belonging within your community and create lasting memories and fun times!
INSPIRE A FUTURE: BECOME A MENTOR
By sharing your time and guidance, you can help your mentee express feelings, have a positive outlook for the future, become more confident and improve at school. You’ll learn how to be a positive role model and gain a better perspective of the pressures and challenges that youth face.
WHO ARE OUR MENTORS?
The ideal Reach & Rise mentor is
- a dependable, responsible adult who wants to share new interests and experiences with youth.
- a friend, counselor, role model, supporter and guide.
- someone who can listen, respect different points of view and empathize with a child’s struggles.
- be at least 23 years old
- complete the 15+ hour training
- pass a fingerprint security screening
- have a clean driving record and valid auto liability insurance (if driving mentee)
- spend 1-3 hours a week with youth over the course of a year
For information about volunteering as a mentor, please contact:
Jessica Brown, Program Director 27151 E. Lakeview Dr. Aurora, CO 80016 Phone: 720-870-2221 Email: Jbrown@denverymca.org