Because we know that healthy lifestyles are achieved through nurturing mind, body and spirit, well-being and fitness at the Y is so much more than just working out. Beyond fitness facilities, we provide educational programs to promote healthier decisions, and offer a variety of programs that support physical, intellectual and spiritual strength. At the Y, a supportive community is a big part of wellness. At every age and every level of activity, you’ll find people just like you looking to live a little bit healthier.
For our members, Coach Connect is our free 90-day wellness program that helps you reach your fitness goals with the help of a wellness coach.
The Y’s Diabetes Prevention Program is part of the CDC-led National Diabetes Prevention Program, which proves that through healthier eating, increased physical activity, and a small amount of weight loss, a person with pre-diabetes can prevent or delay the onset of Type 2 Diabetes by 58%.
With over 60 fitness class offerings a week, the Southwest Y has a class that is perfect for you.
Our certified personal trainers will provide the guidance, expertise and motivation to get you to your goals.
Functional training through TRX develops strength, balance, flexibility, and cores stability. This small group training uses a variety of creative movements to not only make you fit, but make you functional!
- ONCE A WEEK: Tuesday OR Thursday, 5:30 - 6:30 pm, $20/month for members
- TWICE A WEEK: Tuesday AND Thursday, 5:30 - 6:30 pm, $40/month for members
Kids ages 9-12 can now earn access to the gymnasium, running track, cardio rooms, and some group fitness classes through a few easy steps:
- Complete and submit the application included in this brochure to the Welcome Center.
- Attend a Kid Connect orientation with their parent to learn about equipment, wellness spaces, and the Y. (Monday, 10:30am or 6:00pm. Registration required.)
- Sign a pledge/acknowledgement that they will uphold the core values of the YMCA, abide by all expectations, and understand the consequences of their actions.
This FREE program gives your child the opportunity to exercise some independence and learn how to live healthy while you are in the building doing the same!