YMCA Europe Teen Festival
August 3-10, 2013
The YMCA is looking for two participants, ages 18-24 to attend a worldwide YMCA teen/young adult festival in Prague. The largest international Y youth event, YMCA Europe Festival includes workshops, performances, networking and service-learning opportunities focused on the power and potential of young people to make a positive social impact both locally and globally. This is an amazing opportunity for participants to build leadership skills and cultural competencies while strengthening their commitment to the Y.
- Plan and host fundraising efforts prior to trip to help cover trip costs.
- Fully participate in festival activities.
- Between September 2013 and August 2014, participate in YMCA International Committee to promote global engagement. You will also have the opportunity to participate in planning activities with the host committee for the World Alliance which will be held in July of 2014.
- Participate in the World Alliance of YMCAs to be held at YMCA of the Rockies.
To learn more about this event, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/ymcayouthfestival
To apply for this great opportunity, please send a letter explaining:
- Why you would like to attend this festival
- What you would hope to gain from the experience.
- Please include two reference letters. (teacher, neighbor, pastor, etc)
- Deadline for application: Friday, March 1st
Send letter to:
YMCA International Committee
c/o Linda James
2625 S. Colorado Blvd
Denver, CO 80222
For more information contact Linda James at 720 524 2714 or firstname.lastname@example.org.