Older adults stay health and engaged in the positive, welcoming environment of the YMCA. Active older adult members take advantage of special YMCA senior membership rates and all Denver YMCA benefits.
Senior programs at the Littleton YMCA include:
- SilverSneakers Muscle Strength and Range of Motion (MSRM) - Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement, and activity for daily living skills. Hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles, and a ball are offered for resistance; and a chair is used for seated and/or standing support. After 60, older adults may lose up to seven pounds of muscle per year. This class is designed to increase overall strength and stability to help combat losses in bone, muscle and balance. Participants work together in small groups, with a variety of exercises tailored to fit individual abilities. For ages 55 and older.
- Fitness classes that are adapted to all fitness levels, learn more about our fitness classes here.
- Pickleball games are played throughout the week.
- Women On Weights: Great program for women of any age to tone muscles, increase strength, and learn proper form. Have fun while exercising in a small group setting.
- Better Your Balance: Giving you a great base of Tai Chi principles and basic moves. Part II of the class advances your knowledge and balance even further. FREE for members.
- Adult Stroke Development: Learn the basics of Freestyle, Back stroke, Breast stroke, Side stroke, and Elementary back stroke. You can learn to swim at any age or stage in your life!
- Spanish Learning: Learn Spanish at the Y. Classes offered include Beginner, Advanced Beginner, and Intermediate.
- Knitting For A Cause: Looking for new and experienced knitters. September 16, 5:30-6:30pm. Bring your needles and yarn. At our first session, we will decide future sessions and a service project to donate our work to.